Thursday 22 January 2015

INTERVIEW WITH NIKITA NEPALI- BY NAINIKA GAUTAM

Nikita Nepali was born in Surat, Gujarat in 1993. She has completed her B. Sc. in IT and is now pursuing an M. Sc. in the same field from VNSGU, Surat. She's passionate about writing and loves to write short stories and poems. Romance is her favorite genre. She loves music too. She believes in love and unconditional giving. She is currently working on her novel. Recently, her short story, “In the name of Love” has been published in ‘Drenched Souls - Moonlit Matinee 2’ by Gargi Publishers. 
She can be reached at:- 

Please introduce yourself. 
Hey! I am Nikita Jitendrakumar Nepali residing in Surat, Gujarat. I am 21 years old college going girl who is blessed with such a loving and caring parents. Right now I am pursuing my master’s degree in IT. Now world is full of machines and gadgets and flooded with technologies but I still believe no one is compare to writing. It always helps us in its own way. 

How did you develop interest in literary world? 
There is no such great story behind this. I am not an avid reader. But since I was in school I used to maintain a diary. In which I wrote my day to day life experiences. People call it personal diary. Every year my father gives me one diary which he gets from his office, I take it from him and start writing my thoughts my experiences and this way I started writing my imaginary world in to those diaries. I started writing poetries, shayaris and stories. With time my interest has increased. And today writing is my passion. 

Where do you see yourself in future as a writer? 
All I want is to write write and write. I don’t write for become famous. I write for myself. I write to express my feelings. In future also I just want people to read what I will write and understand the real me. 

Romantic genre being your favorite genre. But these days we see a shift of reader’s interest from Romantic genre to others. Do you feel your work is strong enough to attract readers? 
Actually I never thought about such thing. Whether my work is attracting people or not that is not my look out. I just want that people should understand whatever I want to convey through my stories and if it is done then I will be satisfied. 

How is life as an author? 
Life as an author is really tough actually. We live in imaginary world and real world as well. But being an author is different too. I would say it’s unique. To express yourself through your words is not easy. Overall for me I feel blessed that I am an author. It’s awesome. 

Tell us something about your story “Love Inspires” in Notebook of Romance. 
Love Inspires is a story in which two persons met on such a weird place. It’s not just about love but it shows the reality about our society. It is about humanity. How a guy help a girl without expecting anything in return! How they fall in love without exchanging such decorative words! How his love inspires her to fight for her own freedom! “Love Inspires” tells us the meaning of Unconditional Love. And to discover these things you have to read the story. 

Tell us something about the lead characters of your story. 
There are three lead characters in the story. Arjun, Meera and Chandaji. All of them are from really different backgrounds. Arjun is the guy who is fade up from his life and unsuccessful relationships. Meera had lost her family in natural disaster at the age of 21. But then she met an unknown lady Chandaji who offered her to work at her brothel as a maid. 

How close is your story to your real life? 
Actually it is really close. Though I never faced such situations in my life the way I narrated in the story. But being a girl I can understand how it feels. This story of mine is actually a dedication to all the girls who faced such physical harassment and to those guys who help such girls to get out of it. 

What was your motive behind writing this story? 
Through this story I want to convey the message that love really do exist. Love doesn’t see how you look, from where you are, it just focuses on who you are!! 

Which part of the story did you find most impressive? 
My favorite part of the story is when Arjun decided to help Meera to get out from the web of Chandaji without expecting anything from Meera. Now how he helped her, for that one has to read the story. 

How is experience at Gargi Publishers after two anthologies with them? 
I feel really lucky that I could work with Gargi Publishers. It is always been a great great opportunity. Pulkit Sir is such a nice soul. I won’t forget this experience ever as I have started my journey with Gargi Publishers under the guidance of Pulkit Sir. He is always being helpful. His dedication towards his work is incredible. He is my inspiration. 

What would be your message for readers? 
All I want to say to all the readers is to read my story “Love Inspires”. Because this time it is something different and I want them to understand what I wanted to convey. I want them to get inspired by the story and be a good person and love unconditionally. 

*Do order your copy of "The Notebook of Romance today from http://www.flipkart.com/notebook-romance-english/p/itme3g5hxwb3fztc *

1 comment: