Tuesday 13 January 2015

Interview with Aashi Dahiya - By Nainika Gautam


Aashi Dahiya is a literature student pursuing English Honors from the University of Delhi. Being an avid reader, her interest lies in almost all genres of English writing. Her first story titled “What Love is…” has been published in the anthology “Drenched Souls” in October 2014. She is also a part of the upcoming anthologies “Case Files of the Dead” and “Turning Point of Life”.

She is a very strong supporter of feminism and her blog titled “Being a Woman” reflects her support. She volunteers at an NGO called ‘ROPIO Foundation’. She has participated in a number of debate competitions as well. Apart from writing, debating interests her. She is a deep thinker and seeks good objectives to write about.

Buy her book here: Flipkart (and don't forget to drop your reviews)

Here we get to know her a little more closely:

Aashi, Define yourself in single line. 

I am a Belief actor, Growth nurturer, Intuitive thinker, a loyal friend and a learner.

You are a contributed in 3 books till now and Moonlit Matine 3 is your fourth one, what changes do you see from your first book to fourth book? 

My very first book was Moonlit Matinee 2 and the fourth one now is Moonlit Matinee 3, so this little and beautiful path of these fours have brought numerous changes, be it my writing style, my ability to build plots and etc. I have learnt that diversity is very much required in writing. I have also learnt to present not only thoughts but precious gestures through words. Well, I believe there is much more to learn ahead. 

You say, you support feminism, so apart from blogging what steps have been taking for empowerment of women? 

It is said, “The change begins with you.” As a teenage woman, the first and foremost step I take is that I always stand up for what I feel. I am not a Norm-believer. And I encourage all the other women to always speak up for themselves first. Unfortunately, for now I am not very well-capable to support feminism on a large scale but fortunately, I can always stand up for, fight for and most importantly talk for the women I live around. I am sometimes called as a “Wordsmith”, so as my part I encourage my teenage girlfriends and other women to at least bring up their thoughts forward and not follow the norm-tantrums of the world. I believe that Words are the most powerful strength a person can behold, so I use my words well to support the concept.

Which genre do you feel most comfortable to write? 

I would say Romantic genre.

Do you have a specific writing style? 

I don’t particularly think so. My writing style is varied, it’s not specific. When it comes to writing, I am utterly dedicated and most of the times, I forget to follow or build a specific style.

How do you think you’ve evolved creatively? 

I have evolved thoroughly. My stories are my confidence boosters. There have been changes in my way of thinking and way of presenting myself to the society by the time I have received exposure to the literary world as a writer. My creativity is expanding to accept all aspects more freely and open-heartedly. 

Tell us something about your story “The magical Door” in Notebook of Romance? 

The Magical Door is a magical story about love beyond reality. It happens to be an extraordinary tale in its own way. At one hand when “The Magical Door” is somehow related to the supernatural element in its storyline, it is immensely realistic in its morals on the other.

Who are the lead characters in your story? 

The lead of my story is a young and lovely lady named Myra.

Your story is based on Love beyond life, heaven and Death. Do you believe that this kind of love still exists in materialistic world? 

I believe love exists and that in all its forms. Belief makes miracles happen so this kind of love is a miracle itself. And I have learnt that what’s not possible if one believe in it. May be somewhere someday somebody is experiencing this love.

Is there any lesson to learn in your story? 

My story teaches a very necessary lesson to all beings of all ages and all classes, my story tells you to fall in love with life. It tells you to understand the importance of getting hurt and then overcoming it. It tells you to give life another chance.

This is your second project with Gargi Publishers. How do you feel working with Gargi Publishers?

I am more than proud to work with Gargi Publishers. The team at Gargi is so much dedicated to their work. Time is everything at Gargi Publishers. I respect them a lot because of the fact that they always complete their works with most decency on time as promised. It’s great to be a part of such a firm.

What would be your message for our readers?

My message to the readers would quote a statement which is somehow related to my story I feel, “Everyone should smile. Life really isn’t that serious. We make it hard. The sun rises. The sun sets. We just tend to complicate the process.”

(This interview was taken by Nainika Gautam under the internship program by Gargi Publishers)

No comments:

Post a Comment