Thursday 29 January 2015

INTERVIEW WITH SHITAL DUTTA - BY NAINIKA GAUTAM



Born and brought up in Bundu, a small town near Ranchi, Shital Dutta is currently pursuing his graduation in Chemistry. Blessed with a dream family and some awesome friends, he believes in learning from every experience and aspires to be a teacher. He loves travelling, music and of course books.
He can be contacted at --


Please tell us something about yourself.
Hello, this is Shital Dutta. I belong to a small town near Ranchi and doing my graduation in Chemistry. A little reserve by nature, I am a family person and value relations & emotions over any other things. An avid reader; A Bollywood buff and A music addict are few facts which aptly describe me. My ambitious heart and fickle mind coax me to have atypical experiences which actually taught me lessons of life and also sprinkled the truth that I wanted to be a teacher.

What is it in teaching that you chose it to be a profession?
Education is what builds one’s life, I’ve been always learnt and felt that. To me, educating peoples is as meaningful as saving lives. I’ve grown up, holding this as my dream…a dream of educating peoples. And I feel proud in paying a contribution towards such a noble deed, as it delights me. And it also helps me to polish my mind and skills.

How do you think can you inculcate a teacher’s characteristics to your writing?Actually, being a teacher and a writer of me aren’t really related to each other. Both are different, each having its own significance. When we teach, we state a point and try to expound others by our logics, knowledge or experiences. But while writing, we need to visualize, feel and then express. I think, we teach for others but we write for ourselves and it happens from heart only. The magic of words has always used to amaze me. And I wanted to explore myself in this magical world. You know, it’s really awesome to express what our heart feels.

How different is life after being an author?
Well, there are no major changes yet.  Maybe, after the release of the book something grand would happen. Though it’s really wonderful to hear people calling you ‘The proud of city’ and I’m quite liking it, needless to say.

Profession or passion, what would you chose if given a choice?
I haven’t really thought about it yet. I love giving words to my thoughts and so I write. And luckily, it’s going to publish, that too in the very first time!! Frankly, it was a surprise for me. But I’m taking it a bit seriously now and I wish to write more.

What is the strongest part of your writing?
Umm….it’s a tough question. I write what I see around, what I feel. And so my writing seems realistic, with which you will feel connected. You will live my words. And I think, that’s makes my writing potent.

Tell us something about your story in “The Notebook of Romance”.
My story is about a young boy, in love and how his life changes after that, unwillingly. This is a young romance emulsified with hopes & aches which will leave you all pensive. It’s titled “Desired Sin”.

Tell us something about the lead characters of your story.
Ayaan & Maahi are leading the story. They are today’s youngsters and reflect the mindset of this generation.

So do you actually believe being in love is a sin?
No. I believe that love completes us. It’s a bliss to love and to be loved. This is the world that forces us to believe like love is a sin. And the worst part is, we let the world do so.

What are the most striking features of your story?
Desired Sin is quite similar to you or the person next to you. You will relate yourself with the characters.  You’ll go through the joy of being in love and the hatred for love too.  The story will keep you glued to the last word. Also, it takes a dig at the thinking of our society regarding love.

How is the experience with Gargi Publishers?
Amaziggggg. They work in a very professional manner yet keeping a friendly approach and make us feel a special & active part of the family.  I am thankful to Gargi Publishers, especially Pulkit sir for giving me this golden opportunity and would love to work with them again. May they achieve more!

What would be your message for the readers?
The joy of living is in loving. Let yourself fall in love and feel its magic, the rest shall follow.
And yes- share your reviews about my story as well as the book. Eagerly waiting! Be happy, Keep reading.
Thank you.
*Do order your copy of "The Notebook of Romance" today from http://www.flipkart.com/notebook-romance-english/p/itme3g5hxwb3fztc *

No comments:

Post a Comment