Monday 5 January 2015

Interview with Sabi Shaikh - By Nainika Gautam


Sabi Shaikh is a charismatic lad who has loads of energy and the charm to get you addicted to his witty and unique style of writing. He hails from the city of Mumbai but has been residing in Hyderabad from the past 8 years. He holds an MBA degree In Marketing from the ICFAI University and gave up his well-paying job and all other interests in his pursuit to present to you a unique masterpiece that will change the way you look at relationships forever. His biggest dream in life is to write scripts for Bollywood and he has started working towards it. His debut novel might soon be converted into a Bollywood movie.

Buy his book here: Amazon (and don't forget to drop your reviews)

He can be reached at:
Email- sabi.focus@gmail.com
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/sabi.shaikh.395

Here we get to know him a little more closely:


Nainika: How would you like to introduce yourself?


Sabi: Hi, I am a Coconut ... I look pretty tough on the outside but from the inside I am very sensitive and emotional kind of a person. So it is true that never judge a book by its cover.  I am a Hyderabadi at heart but a Mumbaikar by soul.  I am a very simple guy who still prefers Pani Puri over Pasta. I am an extrovert by nature and I simply love connecting with new people. I am an MBA Marketing post graduate from the ICFAI University.  I am huge fan of Mother Nature and a very avid Animal lover.  The one thing that I cannot bear to watch is children and old people begging on the streets. It really breaks my heart every single time. I just cannot ignore a hungry stomach. People call me crazy but that’s exactly the way I am. I am proud to be Me.


Nainika: How is the life being an author?


Sabi: The last few months have changed my life completely. From being on the newspapers to being aired on the Radio ... From being on the e-magazines to being all over social media. It’s really crazy when random women ask you to get married to them ... It’s even more crazy when people who are older to you address you as Sir. Honestly I am enjoying all the name and fame but I will never let it get to my head. It’s really good to know that there are so many people all over the country and a few overseas too who love you for what you are. They love calling themselves your Fan. They ping you on Facebook and twitter and when you ping them back they are the happiest people on the planet for those few seconds. I never thought that I would be able to create this kind of a magic with just one novel under my belt. All thanks to the Almighty and the Blessing of everyone around me.


Nainika: Being an MBA, How do you manage between your passion and profession?


Sabi: You know what? I quit my job in order to turn my dreams into reality and it was worth it. I wanted to dedicate all my time towards Via Delhi so I had to take this step.  I had been a part of the corporate world from the past 3 years and had been working odd shifts. Honestly I needed a break too from all the work pressure. You cannot sail on two boats, only Ajay Devgan and Jean-Claude Van Damme can pull that off in movies with perfection.  I was finding it difficult to juggle between passion and profession since I was a first timer. So I chose Passion over profession. Once again people called me crazy but they are silent now. I now know exactly how everything works in the literary world and will be getting back to my profession shortly.


Nainika: Which genre do you find most comfortable to write?


Sabi: Romantic Genre with a little bit of Comedy here and there.

I am someone who thinks from the heart and have no connection what so ever with Logic. Romantic genres do not require any kind of logic. All that you need is a heart that can think...


Nainika: What is the part of your writing that you feel is the strongest one?


Sabi: “Twists”

I love keeping my readers guessing.  I have this habit of ending every chapter with a little twist so the reader is bound to read the next chapter immediately.  (Wicked Smile)

I also like the way I describe my characters in detail... I give them Life.


Nainika: What inspired you to write Via Delhi... A twisted tale of love?


Sabi: The Hypocrite India Society and the Char Log of the Samaaj inspired me to write Via Delhi. This book is all about inter-religion Love versus the Char log of the Samaaj. We Indians have gone touched the Moon ... Our satellite revolves in the orbit of Mars and yet we have a problem when it comes to Love.


Nainika: Tell us something about the lead characters in the book?


Sabi: There are four main Characters in this book.

Saifuddin Khan aka Saifu – The hero ... A guy who is madly in Love with a Bengali Brahmin girl but the Char Log of our society keep screwing his happiness and peace of mind. He has never loved anyone to this extent.  I bet ever girl who reads this book will fall in love with Saifu. He is just that kinda guy that every girl would want to be with.

Mridu Bhattacharya – Saifu’s Lady Love ...  A girl who is madly in Love with a Sunni Muslim boy but is scared to go against the society.  She loves Saifu but the Char Log Kya Kahenge? factor often gets her confused.

Ricky D’souza – Saifu’s childhood buddy ... Now he is the main character of this book. How?? You got to read it to find out.

Rafique Khan – Saifu’s Father ... He is the kinda father that every child would what. You all would fall in love with his fatherly love. Actions speak louder than words.

 (This interview was taken by Nainika Gautam under the internship program by Gargi Publishers)

2 comments:

  1. Vry nyc....and luking forward to ur next blog...write.....novel......

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nainika you did well as an interviewer,you covered everything which an interviewer must. Numbers before the questions are looking odd, you should have removed them to make this interview look more professional. Overall a very good interview.

    ReplyDelete