Monday 26 January 2015

INTERVIEW WITH MANJULA PAL- BY NAINIKA GAUTAM


Manjula Pal is a multidisciplinary person, having worked as a post graduate lecturer of Philosophy and as a scientist in research projects in AIIMS , Delhi. 
She has several articles published in Delhi press publications to her credit and has also published a storybook for children in Hindi. She’s currently working as a freelance journalist. 
She can be contacted at: 


Please tell us something about yourself. 

I am a senior citizen. I have two children settled abroad. I have 4 grand children. My husband is into social work. He is associated with,’Vidya bharti’ , an arm of RSS. My hobby, besides writing is music. Had been a trained classical singer, in my younger age. 

So being a lecturer, How do you think you can implement your profession with your passion, writing? 
I worked as lecturer only for short duration, left due to my family commitments. I took up writing after few years of leaving my lecturership. 

What do you enjoy most, being a journalist or being a writer and why? 
I enjoy both ,being a journalist and an author. As a journalist I am connected or even be a part of the world around us and as an author I get the opportunity to express myself. Sometime back, I won a story contest for anthology, ‘Love stories that touched my heart’, published by ‘Penguin’ edited by Ravinder Singh. 

How do you see success in literary world? 

At my age, I am not very ambitious. I am happy with what I get. 

What changes do you see after being an author? 
I am not familiar with the new age rom com romance. I feel comfortable writing about subjects relating to fast changing social behaviour. 

Tell us something about your story in “The notebook of romance”. 
My story, ‘Who wants to marry a mama’s boy’, deals with the modern day dilemma of working women, who are encountering problems arising due to double responsibility of job and household duties. There are not many househusbands to share the responsibility. This is causing differences, even divorces, mostly in metros. 

How close is your story to your real life? 
This story is very close to real life . 

How did you come up with the plot? 
I got inspiration from the real life story of my son. 

Which character of your story is the one whom you would love to make part of your own life? 
Character of Geetanjali, Amrit’s mother, to an extent is autobiographical. 

Which is the part of your story you enjoyed most? 
I enjoyed the part of my story, where Amrit takes enough courage to speak his mind frankly. 

What are features of Gargi Publishers you like the most? 
The features I like about ‘Gargi publishers’ is its promptness in deciding, and also their policy of interacting with the writers, which I have not seen before. 

What would be your message for our readers? 
Message to readers is not educating or preaching , but entertaining them with a contemporary subject. 

*Do order your copy of "The Notebook of Romance today from http://www.flipkart.com/notebook-romance-english/p/itme3g5hxwb3fztc *

No comments:

Post a Comment