Friday 15 May 2015

A nostalgic memory!

Memories are always best explained in the form of a poem. Here goes mine:

I had never known her until she gave me
A home, a safe harbour in her womb.
From that day onwards, she took care of me
As delicately as if I was a peacock’s plume.

When I entered this world, I wasn’t sure
But you gave me enough confidence.
You told me I am beautiful and pure,
You held me in your arms and showed patience.

You touched my tiny fingers,
Tickled my stomach and kissed my cheek.
Your warm smile is enough to melt glaciers,
With your support, I was never weak.

You wrapped me close to you,
I could hear your breath and felt safe.
I was fragile but you helped me to pursue
My dreams. My pursuits never made you chafe.

I was naïve, confused, and helpless,
But you loved me with every ounce of your soul.
My unfulfilled wishes led me to be anxious,
But over me, you never let them took a toll.

From my first cry to my first smile,
From my first hair cut to my first pose,
From my first day at school to the dressing up,
From my first drawing to my first award,
You gave me a new hope, a new horizon,
To unleash my talent and explore my vision.

You were my first expert, my first mentor.
I looked up to you for all the encouragement,
And you never even once disappointed me.
You were my angel in disguise, my fairy godmother.
And mum, you still continue to be one,
My partner in moments of sorrow and fun.

No comments:

Post a Comment