Wednesday 28 January 2015

INTERVIEW WITH NEHA GARG- BY NAINIKA GAUTAM



Neha Garg, a commerce student, but a enthusiastic writer by heart. About a year ago she found her love for writing and she started a page in facebook where she penned her feelings down.
Born and brought up in Guwahati. She is now a final year student of B.com(Hons) from Royal School Of Commerce, Guwahati while she did her schooling from St. Mary's English High School and from Faculty Higher Secondary School. 
Shy, reserve, classy and pretty are some adjectives that define her perfectly whereas painting,travelling and shopping are her hobbies. "Campus Crush", her debutant story is going to be foray in this field.


So, Please tell us something about yourself.

I grew up in Guwahati. I am from a typical upper middle class setup. I am a good swimmer and painter too. I am a big foodie and avid tv watcher. I also love travelling, shopping and cooking. I am a little reserved and shy kinda person. 

How do feel to being part of this anthology which is your debut story?
It is like a dream come true. This is a great achievement for me. Although luck and randomness are a big part of it. I myself felt my story is little immature and never ever thought it will get published. It really feels great to see the proud faces of my family and teachers.

Being a commerce student, How did you develop your interest in writing?
It was just a result of my boredom and I have been reading for a long time since childhood. Being a commerce student, I didn't had much pressure of studies. Just to keep myself busy I created my personal blog on Facebook and started writing. Slowly people started noticing and appreciating my work. My friends and followers of my blog are really who motivated me to write.

Where do you see yourself in future as a writer?
I was never too ambitious. It is just my luck that I'm a published writer now. Campus Crush has guided me well. I wish to get publish my 250 pages book one day and be a renowned author.

Which genre do you find most interesting to write and why?
I find romance most interesting as it is always relatable and takes us into a complete imaginary world for time being.

Tell us something about your story “Campus Crush” in Notebook of Romance.
Love and crushes are just part of our life and is not always eternal. Campus Crush will show that. It is basically the story of every teenager. It has romance, betrayal, friendship. It is about a shy girl who falls for Mr. Popular of her college and her experiences thereafter.

Tell us something about the lead characters of your story.
My lead characters Navya and Girish are someone, whom every teenager would like to idealise. Navya is shy and mature while Girish is confident and extrovert. 

How close is your story to your real life?
Campus Crush is just a part of my imagination. Although, I am very much like my lead character Navya but the plot of the story is strictly a fiction. It has no resemblance to my real life. And as it is my first story, so obviously it is very close and important to me.

What was your motive behind writing this story?
I had a story in me, one that only I could write, and I had to get it out. My blog teach me when it comes to story most of the people are always hungry for romantic fiction. It was both my desire and randomness which brought out Campus Crush.

Which part of the story did you find most impressive?

I really love the ending of my story. It creates a good suspense and mystery. It also shows the reality of teenage's life. Every youth passes this confusing stage. I wouldn’t like to reveal much since the book isn’t out. I want the surprise to be there.

How is experience at Gargi Publishers?
It was awesome. Gargi Publishers is a very good platform for the budding writers. I really enjoyed working with Pulkit Gupta. He is very supportive and hard working person. The posters, interviews and all the other steps taken by them for promotion is already giving me a celebrity feeling.

What would be your message for readers? 
Hey guyz, I hope you all will enjoy reading Campus Crush. I hope to entertain you all with the much better fictions in future. Keep reading and supporting. Appreciations and criticisms are always invited. You can contact me through twitter and facebook. Below are the links.




*Do order your copy of "The Notebook of Romance today from http://www.flipkart.com/notebook-romance-english/p/itme3g5hxwb3fztc *

No comments:

Post a Comment