Saturday 17 January 2015

Interview with Pavitra Singh - By Nainika Gautam



A boy with a million dreams, Pavitra Singh hails from Jhalawar, Rajasthan. He is currently in class 12th pursuing commerce. He started showing interest towards writing in 2014, after being inspired by a small girl. He is associated with three anthologies: ‘Love Bytes’, ‘Still Something is Missing’ and ‘31 Sins’. He has written a poem for the E-Magazine ‘Extra Mile’. He is a national level badminton player and has represented his state. He has also won many medals for his school. He has great interest in music and can play the tabla and guitar as well. He likes to write about love stories. Chetan Bhagat and Ravinder Singh's novels have inspired him and he has a desire to conquer the world someday. 

Buy his book here: Flipkart (and don't forget to drop your reviews)

Here we get to know him a little more closely:

So, please tell us something about yourself.

Hello Ma’am. Hello Everybody I am Pavitra Singh, 16 year old boy belongs to a very small town of Rajasthan that is Jhalawar. I am a National Badminton Player and had represented my district in swimming and table tennis also. I have a keen interest in music. I play table and guitar too. I have started my writing career from last April. Till now I have contributed for seven anthologies including Notebook of Romance and for Extra Mile- e magazine also. I am an intern at Deals Street and The Campus Connect and a content editor at QUIP magazine. Apart from this, I love listening to music and Chetan Bhagat is my idol.

How do you feel to be a part of this ever big literary family at such a younger age? 

I feel proud to be a part of this literary family. It was totally opposite for me to write as I am a sportsman and these two fields are totally opposite to each other. I enjoy being with the mates, I learn new words, listening to different experiences of friends and sharing your experience had its own taste.


How did you develop your interest in Literary Field?
 
Interest? I never had an interest in reading books or novels. I read 3-4 novels in a year. It was just an inspiration I got from a little girl who had written a masterpiece in an anthology. When I read that story, only thing was in my mind “WHEN SHE CAN AT THIS AGE, THEN WHY CAN’T I? EVEN WHEN I HAVE MORE EXPERIENCES THAN HER” This line made me think about my writing career. And my life partner who helped me in every phase of my life. Though she came late haha but it wasn’t that late. 


Poems or Stories, what do you enjoy writing most? 
I have never tried my hands on poem and I think for that you need a better command over the language that is missing in my part. So ultimately I love writing stories, sharing my experiences that I received from this world with the world. And it is also enjoyable because whenever I start writing any stories, words come up automatically and want to tell you that I have written this story ‘7 Days and I am in a relationship’ in just 2 hours as I was already against the time. 


Which genre do you enjoy writing most and why? 
I love writing on love. It gives immense pleasure to me whenever I share my little experiences. 


Tell us something about your story in Notebook of Romance.
 
My story ‘7 Days and I am in a Relationship’ is a story of a young couple who had been in a long distance relationship. They met over Facebook and had funniest conversation after that. They end up giving up their relationship or successful in keeping it alive? Read the story for this tragic end. 


Tell us something about the lead characters of your story.
 
There are only two lead characters in my story that is Anamika and Priyesh. 


How close is your story to your real life?
 
This story is very close to me as right now I am also in a long distance relationship and though the end is totally fiction and not related to my life. But relationship over facebook, meeting over facebook something you can relate. 


What was your motive behind writing this story?
 
My motive behind writing this story is to make people’s thinking broader. Parents are ready to allow their child to sleep with an unknown person on the wedding night instead of the person they know from 2-3 years. Still the orthodox thinking exists in the story and this story’s end is very much related to that. I want people to understand love. It’s not always that if somebody failed in a relationship means everybody will. You are the only one who will going to manage everything not the one who failed. 


Which part of the story did you find most impressive? 
I like the meeting part most impressive as it was unique in its own way. They had funny conversation, only in a single day she started liking him. 


How is experience at Gargi Publishers after one anthology with them? 
Only one word for Gargi Publishers- Awesome. This is a perfect place for a writer to get published. They are hardworking, active and they are helping. Pulkit Sir’s words inspire us a lot. And moreover I love his surprises that he used to give. I am also thankful to him for being such a nice professional person. I love being a part of this family and I am feeling proud that I am associated with this venture. 


What would be your message for readers? 
I want people to love and write. Don’t think about the world, they are meant for it. Don’t care about ‘LOG KYA KAHENGE’. Just do whatever you like and don’t curse you for being nothing. Because it is the failure who teaches you everything in life. Just repeat it again n again till you don’t get a better outcome. Thanks. That’s it.

(This interview was taken by Nainika Gautam under the internship program by Gargi Publishers)

1 comment:

  1. Another interesting interview Nainika. Pavitra you also did a wonderful job while answering Nainika's witty questions.

    ReplyDelete