Sunday 18 January 2015

INTERVIEW WITH PRIYANKA BOSE- BY NAINIKA GAUTAM



Priyanka Bose, an Economics graduate from Jharkhand University, is a young, mesmerizing freelance blogger. She is currently employed with a leading prep-school in Gujarat as an Academic Manager and has worked hard to reach where she is now. She is hardworking yet crazy, a passionate reader, an ardent music fanatic and avid coffee lover. She likes to pen down whatever her heart feels.
Experiences have taught her that life won’t come easy to her; she needs to grab all the opportunities that come her way. She currently resides in Ahmedabad with her family.
Get to know her more through her blog: http://remembaranceoflove.blogspot.in/

She can be contacted at: 

So Priyanka, how do you define yourself?

I’m hardworking yet crazy, a passionate reader, an ardent music fanatic and avid caffeine lover. I write what I feel. I want to be judged by my performance and rewarded for my efforts based on my ability of execution. Every day is a challenge for me — that is what helps me become better at what I do.

Being a graduate in Economics, don’t you feel you have switched to an entirely different field (writing)?
I never planned a road map for myself based on my educational background. Still, changing fields has been exciting, invigorating and ultimately satisfying. In a career spanning 7 years, I have experienced most of the different facets of life and have objectively deciphered that my forte has been managing client relations and training (connecting with people). Writing helps me express my feelings and connect with people. It is my passion, my hobby. I have not thought about it as a profession as yet.

How different is life as an Academic manager and as a writer?
Writing was initially an academic or professional endeavor — a necessary skill for effective communication. As a working professional you cannot express yourself all the time. There are obvious do’s and don’ts which curtails one’s ability to express one’s feelings. When I express my feelings through words I can be as expressive as I want to be. But I still don’t see myself as a “writer”. Not the kind of writer people read for pleasure or for ideas or inspiration. However, I love writing — the beauty and complexity of expressing one’s feelings on paper and the way that the written word evokes such strong emotions and inspires great action.

What do you expect from literary world?
I write to express myself, to connect with my fellow human beings.

According to you what impact does books and reading has on society?
Books are the mirror of society. Books are the building blocks by which humanity builds community. It is akin to asking whether the left hand affects the body. So reading, in any society, helps to connect and strengthen the social bonds.

Please tell us something about your story in Moonlit Matinee3 ?
My story “ The Second Chance “is a story of a girl who is heartbroken in love but after a conversation with her mother she takes solace in the fact that she still has the chance to experience love at its purest best. She gives herself “the second chance” and allows love to reveal itself when the time comes and when love comes knocking on her door, she opens it wide and experiences it all over again.

Who are the lead characters of your story?
The lead characters of my story are Aayat (an average looking girl,modest yet broken inside) and Aahan (the macho man - life changer).

Why do you think should readers prefer to read your story? 
The readers can connect with my story as it has a very basic tag line,” Prepare yourself for a happy life, and love will find its own way into your life.” The story portrays how to fall in love again, you can’t shut out the memories of your old relationship. Instead, learn from it and use it as an experience to make yourself a better person. Always understand that you may have experienced a bad relationship, but that doesn't mean love is bad.

What do you expect from Moonlit Matinee3?
I simply want readers to feel my characters and relate. Life is much easier if we expect the least.

How is life after Moonlit Matinee3 ?
This question always brings a smile to my face. Initially, I had never ever dreamt that I would be a published author. It wasn't something that I had longed for or pursued with any commitment or passion either. In time, as I became more confident with my writing, the appreciation and recognition has followed. Post MM3 people now call me “a writer”, which is an achievement in itself.

Which features of Gargi Publisher do attract you?
Hard work & dedication is the key to any business and Gargi Publishers Do not leave any stone unturned in their endeavor. I must also mention Pulkit here, a man I have seen striving hard for and with every writer and that does wonders for the morale of a newcomer like me. A big “Thank You” to Gargi Publishers for giving me an opportunity, I am honored to be associated with you.

What would be your message for the readers?
I believe that the readers define an author. I love connecting and I would appreciate if my readers review my work and update me with their feedbacks and insights. I would like my readers to visit my blogs and review my work. My Blogs are all about “what I feel, my emotions & my dreams”. I hope that all my readers connect with me on ....
http://draftsunsent.blogspot.in/ - unsent letters, unconfined emotions
http://remembaranceoflove.blogspot.in/ - mix emotions and experience about life.
Last but not the least, don’t forget to buy Moonlit Matinee 3- The Notebook of Romance.
You can also send me your reviews and suggestions regarding my story and also about the anthology on priyankabose@hotmail.com.
Happy Reading Folks.


*Do order your copy of "The Notebook of Romance today from http://www.flipkart.com/notebook-romance-english/p/itme3g5hxwb3fztc *

3 comments:

  1. Keep it up, Priyanka!!.... Congrats!!... Best of luck for future ventures!!... :-) P.S. Very eager to read your story now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy for you Priya! Here's wishing you lots of success in all your future endeavours.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congrats!!! Priyanka ....All the best for alll your future endeavours.

    ReplyDelete