Wednesday 21 January 2015

INTERVIEW WITH JAYANTH MAJETHY- BY NAINIKA GAUTAM

Jayanth Majety is an avid reader, a full time technical writer and a part time blogger. He loves traveling to various places and experimenting with different cuisines that he comes across. His interests also include trying his hand at cooking in his leisure time. 
He can be contacted at: 
Twitter - @ jayanthmaniac. 

So Jayanth, How do you define yourself? 
Well, that’s a good way to start with. I define myself as calm and composed at any given time. I spend most of the time contemplating about various things that people have no idea of. After realizing my interest towards writing, I began to create characters from nowhere. And I kind of enjoy developing the same. 

So being a technical writer you even write various genres in fiction writing, how do you manage the gap between them? 
It’s all about adapting. When I write technical, I don’t really have to sound fictional. When it is something that I am not aware of, I prefer to go with reality. And penning down the same has to be after a thorough research. In a job that I am in today, I take inspiration from the fellow writers. 

How do you see success in literary world? 
For me, as far as success is concerned, it is the reader’s reaction after reading the story. Doesn’t matter if it is a positive comment or a negative one. I only look for the comment. One will always see success in literary world when he/she write stories that are more about people living around. There should always be a great connection between story and the reader. And narration of course! It makes all the difference. 

Do you have a specific writing style? 
Well, I can’t answer that. People who read what I write will have the answer to say. But, I have been told that, I had a very simple writing style that is easy for people to read and understand. In short, 
Lucid way of writing style when it comes to literary terms.
 
What do you think is the strongest part of your writing? 
I don’t complicate things while writing. And also, I will not have anything on mind when I start to write. It’s all about the starting that I look forward to. But once I start, everything just starts to fall in place. I had this habit of creating characters and scenes while in the middle of a paragraph. So, it’s like I can keep writing any number of words without having a clear story on mind. 

Tell us something about your story in “Moonlit Matinee 3”. 
It’s about a women or a girl. Written in a female perspective. Just an attempt to let people know of the reality. 

Please tell us something about lead characters of your story. 
I wish to only talk about the lead character. It’s about the unnamed women in the story who had only 3 men in her life. The story is all about the effect of their presence had on her life and the after affects. 

Do you believe that in order to beautiful romantic love story one needs to live that kind of life? 
It would be great to live that kind of life if you ask me. But, some stories are far from reality. It’s all about the two people involved. The love and understandings will take them to their true place. 

What is the basic motive behind your story? 
Every single women in this country or may be around the world will have this ‘3 Men in her life’. And that’s how it’s happening for years. 

How did you come up with the plot of your story? 
As I told you before, I had nothing in mind when I started to write up for Gargi Publishers. A matter of 2 nights with a constant flow of writing made this story. I contemplate over writing the next scene or situation by the end of the existing one. But the only time taking process is the linking and I am trying to learn that. 

How is experience working with Gargi Publishers? 
Wonderful so far. It feels so good to work with a passionate team that works so professionally. I would like to thank the entire team of Gargi Publishers for giving me such a wonderful opportunity. It’s a great feeling to get published isn’t it? 

What would you like to say to our readers? 
The question itself is giving me some Goosebumps. I find myself so empty to answer this one. But what I personally think is, a writer will have nothing much to say, but a reader will have a lot to say once after he is done with reading the book. So, I hope ‘The Notebook of Romance’ will entertain every reader with variety of stories this Valentine’s day.

*Do order your copy of "The Notebook of Romance today from http://www.flipkart.com/notebook-romance-english/p/itme3g5hxwb3fztc *

No comments:

Post a Comment