Friday 23 January 2015

INTERVIEW OF RISHIKESH G PANDE- BY NAINIKA GAUTAM


Rishikesh Pande is a graduate of Computer Science and Engineering. He is a very simple, down to earth guy who loves to listen and observe. He loves writing short stories, poetry and articles. He has won a national level essay competition conducted by BizResearch Labs and has also published an article in YouthKiAwaaz. He loves spending time reading books, poetry, essays and articles. His favorite authors include: George Orwell, Franz Kafka and Albert Camus. He is currently preparing for government and banking exams.
He could be contacted at: 
Email - https://www.facebook.com/rishikesh.pande
Facebook- https://www.facebook.com/rishikesh.pande

How do you define yourself?
Even I’m trying to decipher answer to this question and may be that is why I’m into writing. I’m trying to explore myself and the world through my writings. This book and publication of my story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’, is the new beginning for me and hopefully my work will define me hereafter. I will let my work to define me. 



What is the part of your writing which you consider to be strongest? 
Being a feminist, directly or indirectly, strongest part of my writing would be social issues, feminism and patriarchy. These are the topics that have channelized my thoughts into writing. People rebel against the paradoxical norms of the society in their own ways, for me it was writing.

Do you have any specific writing style? 
I try to explore depth of emotions in my simple and unique prose, very similar to the one used by George Orwell, Franz Kafka or Albert Camus, which is visible in my stories and poetries. I also focus on psychological aspect a bit more than the imagery. I don’t want my readers to watch it as a movie through their imagination or feel the depth of emotions; I want them to do both of these simultaneously. I have tried to do just that in my story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’.
For writing poetries, I’m more comfortable with free verse poetries.


How do you see success in writing world?
In writing world, success doesn’t come easily but once it comes, it changes life completely. But, success for me is being able to write more and more till my last breathe without changing much of my life. Success for me isn’t the ‘last best book’ but the ‘next best book’. I don’t want to be famous; I want my work to be famous.

Articles, stories, poems, what do you enjoy most? 
I have written article and got published in ‘YouthKiAwaaz’ for it. I have written story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’, and got published in ‘Moonlit Matinee 3’. I have written poem and got published in eFiction India Magazine. Even though I have written all three, I enjoy poetry the most.
When emotions are too overwhelming, poetry comes to me naturally. I write poetries when I’m at the heights of emotions. I let my emotions out easily through poetries. I feel relieved and relaxed after writing them.



Tell us something about your story in “Moonlit Matinee 3”.
First of all, I would like to thank and dedicate this story entirely to Miss Ruchi rai who has been of great help throughout writing of this story.
Every story can be told through not one, not two but multiple sides. Who knows which side of the story might turn out to be the best one? I have tried to capture both, a girl’s and a boy’s, sides of the story along with a third one which is ‘their’ side of the story.
My story is about a boy and a girl who fall in love with each other at first sight and decide to take it one step further. To give a teaser of my story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’, let me quote my dear friend, Ruchi Rai’s, favorite line:
“Her eyes whispered, come closer to me, while his nervous smile was asking for a permission to come closer.”


Please tell us something about lead characters of your story. 
Both leading characters, the boy and the girl, are bookworms. They both love the same genre, Romance, and love the same book by Nickolas Sparks. They both have an idea of falling in love at first sight and unconditional love.
The place where the climax takes place is of equal importance. You will definitely fall in love with both characters and the place. The story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’, gives insights into both protagonists and the place.

Do you believe that in order to write a beautiful romantic love story one needs to live that kind of life?
Yes, of course. One must live and experience Love to truly write a beautiful romantic love story. I hate the fact that, the kind of love young generation experiences now-a-days is a bit shallow. One must love someone passionately and unconditionally. One must love and let it kill you. True love is unconditional, pure and beautiful that most of the young generation fail to understand. To all of them, all I can say is, open your heart to someone, lock the doors and hand over the keys!
I must also mention here that, I’m in love with someone and I truly understand the passion, the hatred for distance which separates them and much more. I guess my true love for ‘the love of my life’ did help me in writing a beautiful romantic story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’.

What is the basic motive behind your story?
A Kiss; the silence before, during and after the kiss. But the basic motive behind writing my story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’, was kissing ‘the love of my life’ for the first time. ‘She’ is the inspiration behind this wonderful story. The climax of the story is exactly how I imagined kissing her. My story beautifully captures the emotions of lovebirds and the kiss. I wanted my readers to truly feel the magic of kissing.

How did you come up with the plot of your story? 
Holstee Manifesto states that travel often; getting lost will help you find yourself. I have travelled many times to and fro between Aurangabad and Pune. My story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’, captures various events happening during the travel. I had a vague idea in mind and with this experience of travelling as a background, I started writing this story and it just happened.

How is experience working with Gargi Publishers?
Mr. Pulkit Gupta and the entire team at Gargi Publishers have been very professional in their work. Mr. Pulkit Gupta has been very helpful and has solved all of our queries in timely manner. He even guided us and it has been a great journey with Gargi Publishers creating a lot of good memories.

What would you like to say to our readers? 
Read my story, ‘A Tale of Silent Kiss’, and do give your valuable feedbacks. I will appreciate both positive as well as negative feedbacks try to grow as an Author.
Don’t forget to buy ‘A Notebook of Romance: Moonlit Matinee 3’! 

*Do order your copy of "The Notebook of Romance today from http://www.flipkart.com/notebook-romance-english/p/itme3g5hxwb3fztc *

4 comments:

  1. Thanks so much Rishi! You have expressed yourself so beautifully. Truely amazing! Proud of you!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Ruchi! Thank you not only for the gracious comment but also for everything you have done for me so far.

      ~RP

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete