Monday 7 July 2014

Interview with Shruti Mall - By Milan Modi


 

A debutant in the writing field, Shruti Mall is undoubtedly a writing enthusiast who knows exactly which emotion is to be defined when. Born and brought up in Lucknow, she completed her intermediate from St. MARY’s Convent Inter College, Lucknow. She graduated from Isabella Thoburn College.

A commerce student, she recently found herself falling for the love of writing. Her story "Nature’s Revenge" is going to be her foray in the field.

Buy her book here - Homeshop18  (and don't forget to share your reviews)



Let us know more about her:


1) Is there a key person that has inspired you in the process of writing?

Yes, my second best friend Shubhojeet. Actually being an introvert person, I used to pen down my feelings and I continue to do so. I even did that during a difficult phase of life and made him read whatever I had scribbled and he said you should start writing and the result is front of you all.

2) Describe the role books played in your own life?

I say I am a new reader as I started reading seriously just a year back, I remember I started reading with Nancy Drew in school time but the book that swayed me was “The Alchemist” by Paulo Coelho and from that day I decided to read each and every work of Paulo Coelho.

3) Being a woman, what do you want from the constitution of India for the safety of women?

That no matter where she is, what the time is, she should walk fearlessly, because it is not necessary that if she is out there on road at the 12th hour, she is going out for clubbing or partying, maybe she is out because of a family emergency.

4) Any message which you will like to give to the readers via your story?

Your KARMA may affect your loved ones, and you have to pay for your deeds on this very Earth while you are alive, giving you a lifetime experience and sometimes you might have to face an irreversible loss for the sins you did.

5) Any specific tips you have for new Authors who want to make it in the publishing Industry?

I am myself new to this industry, but one of my friend said that write something which might make the reader visualize whatever you have written so the same advice goes tor all the new friends.

6) There are so many Anthologies around. Why to go for “CRUMPLED VOICES”?

In short and simple terms, it will make you aware of the hard core reality, which generally we Indians run from, or basically term it as a taboo. 

7) What genre do you particularly like?

Positive mental attitude and romance.

8) What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

Listening to music, watching any food channel - not to learn cooking but to see tasty food, hanging out with my best friend and the most favorite thing is sleeping.

9) What’s your take on the so many Rape cases pending and other social issues?

They should all be taken to the fast track court and the rape culprit should be given a death sentence or castration and for any issue no political interference should take place.

10) How is the experience with Gargi publishers till now?

Both Mr. Pulkit Gupta, the compiler and Miss. Ila Garg, the editor have been very sweet to every member, even Mr. Milan Modi who took this interview is a friendly person, all of them are humble and down to Earth people. All the fellow authors are so great to talk to. All an all I had a great experience working with Gargi Publishers and I am looking forward to work with them in future.

11) How does it feel being an author?

Now this is the irony, I have no words to express this. Happy, over whelmed and excited are tiny words for expressing my feelings. It is more than this; it is somewhere my first big achievement. I am on the seventh sky and ninth cloud.

12) What is your least favourite part of the writing process?

Editing my own written work.

THANKS SHRUTI FOR SPARING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME. I WISH YOUR BOOK GOES TO THE “BEST SELLER” LIST SOON. :)

(This interview was taken by Milan Modi under the internship program by Gargi Publishers)

No comments:

Post a Comment