Wednesday 2 July 2014

Acid Attacks



A post by Priyanka Bansal

Why did you do this to me? What wrong I had done to you? I didn’t even know you. I just said a simple ‘no’. Was it that hard to accept?
 You must be having a lot of guts to do this. I must say. Now show some more and come and face me. Come and see the effects of the acid you tossed .I have lost all my colors. Now I am only gray and black.
What have you achieved by doing this?
You can’t feel and imagine the pain I am going through. My skin is peeling all over. Or I should say there is no skin left at all. Only skeleton with cracked bones is left. My beautiful eyes have turned into deep holes and people avoid eye contact with me. I cannot speak now. My tongue has been badly burnt. Leave speaking, I find it hard to breathe, even to swallow.
I walked confidently .But now I have lost it all.
You said you love me?? Ah! What an ashamed lover you are. I never loved you and now I simply hate you.
 I have lost everything. Will you ever be able to return all that? If you cannot, who gave you the right to snatch away my beauty from me? My parents are dying with me bit by bit every day.
Don’t you dare do it again to another pretty face? I beg of you.
Why no one came to help me?
Would you have reacted the same way had I been your own sister, mother or daughter?
You all left me there bleeding and in excruciating pain.
How can people behave as rocks?
This is not a fictional story or article. This is something which is happening all around us. In every morning news, there are at least 2 cases of acid attacks. Other crimes that top the chart are of gang rapes, honor killings, domestic violence, eve teasing, molestations and the list is endless.
But all of us can bring a little change to the society as a whole. Instead of just sitting, gossiping and thinking that it cannot happen to me, we can try to bring a change through small leaps.
Here is the chance to pen about such crimes that are eating the society like termites.
Crumpled Voices is an anthology that is all about such crimes. Do participate and let the world know that still some of us are not just gossiping, we are actually acting

No comments:

Post a Comment