Sunday 6 July 2014

Interview with Nitesh Chitranshi - By Milan Modi


“We Learn and Evolve Daily” is the thought that drives him. He believes that anything can be achieved via dedication and hard work.

He is an engineering graduate born in Lakhimpur Kheri and brought up in Lucknow (The City Of Nawabs). 

Computers and internet is his first love. He has been working part time as a freelancer from the age of 18, in IT field and Internet Marketing. After finishing his CS Engineering in 2012 from GBTU, he joined IT Company and also continued as a freelancer. The zeal for trying new things completely out of his genre is what brings him here trying his hands in writing.

Buy his book here: Homeshop18 (and don't forget to drop your reviews)

Let us know more about him:

1) Is there a key person that has inspired you in the process of writing?

There is not a particular person as such; I have always loved reading poetry and stories in free time, not a voracious reader though.  I used to scribble a little here and there from time to time; a thought was always there from several years to write a book/novel. This was more like an experiment for me to try out a short story first before moving forward with a full fledge novel and am glad Crumpled Voices gave me that opportunity.

2) Describe the role books played in your own life?

The more you read the more you learn, so books play an essential role in everyone’s life. Apart from that reading is a productive way to kill time. I have always loved the works of Chetan Bhagat and Ravinder Singh. I way they beautifully portrayed their whole life in the form of novels. The seed of writing and sharing life experiences through stories was sown there. I believe every reader has a writer in them; they just need to find it and work on it.

3) what are your thoughts for the laws made in India to deal with the severe social issues like rapes and acid attacks?

There are so many laws but no one follows it. It is important to make sure everyone abide by the law. These are not some general crimes so the general laws don’t apply here. Separate sets of law with no mercy at all and separate courts dealing with severe crimes should help speeding up things.

4) Any message which you will like to give to the readers via your story?

My story is on corruption and the message is clear and simple, it is easy to follow the wrong path and takes a hell lot of courage to walk on the right one, especially when the people around you mock you make fun of you for doing something right and try to lure you back to that wrong path. It is important to simply ignore them and move forward on the right path, it is not easy I agree and it won’t be easy but you got to do what is right.

5) Any specific tips you have for new Authors who want to make it in the publishing Industry?

I'm still a newbie, this is my very first story that has been published. All I can say is that stay motivated, keep doing the research. The more you will read the better you will write. There are many opportunities; you surely will get your break.  All the best. 

6) There are so many Anthologies around. Why to go for “CRUMPLED VOICES”?

I am very new to the writing world; this was the 1st one I came to know about who were accepting the stories. Everything happened in a fast-forward fashion, in a few days time only. I read about the ad and a common past incident (story idea) popped up in my head. So I started doing my research, hours of youtube videos learning about how to frame and write a story, worked on the idea and sent my entry.

7) What genre do you particularly like?

I don’t want to limit myself to any specific genre. It’s more like a hobby so I tend to read all genres horror, fiction, love story, suspense thriller etc. depending on the mood and similarly would like to write whatever strikes my head. :D

8) What are some things you like to do when you’re not writing?

Oh this is the easy one :P I chat, I watch Movies-Tv Series-Anime-Cartoon, I eat, I sleep and Repeat :P Sometimes gaming, strumming guitar, listening to music and connecting with new people adds to it. ;)

9) What’s your take for the so many Rape cases pending and other social issues?

Everyday thousands of cases are being filed but the system and the process is so slow and full of loopholes that it takes years for the victim to get justice. Then the people with power use all kinds of methods, from bribing to threatening people, to get away with it. It is saddening. It’s sad on one hand we say and claim to respect women and on the other hand we get to hear news almost every day about some rape or eve-teasing happening across the country. These things don’t happen by mistake! The culprits should be punished. Severe the crime, severe should be the punishment.

10) How is the experience with “Gargi publishers” till now?

Whatever I say about Gargi Publishers will be less, they made me feel like a star :P Gargi Publishers and the whole team of Crumpled Voices has been helpful and supporting, I never felt like a newbie. Sharing space with ace writers, I feel lucky to be part of the anthology. Tons of thanks to everyone associated with Gargi Publishers. It’s like a perfect start.

11) How does it feel being an author?

It’s a delight, getting your very 1st story selected. The transition from being a reader to being an author  is an experience. After sending my entry I got a mail, saying the story has been selected, in less than 3 hours. It was like ‘THE’ moment. I remember jumping with joy here and there from one room another, it’s one of those feelings that you can’t describe in words, and you got to feel it to know it. :)

12) What is your least favourite part of the writing process?

The least favorite part is writing the thought on the paper or say typing it as a document file. I wish someone else could type it for me :P But then it’s what gives you a feel of satisfaction once the work is finished.

THANKS NITESH FOR SPARING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME. I WISH YOUR BOOK GOES TO THE “BEST SELLER” LIST SOON. :)

(This interview was taken by Milan Modi under the internship program by Gargi Publishers)

1 comment:

  1. Awesome interview , looking forward to reading the book.

    ReplyDelete