Tuesday 8 July 2014

Interview with Nibha Gupta - By Anshuma Sharma




Nibha Gupta is currently pursuing Masters in Computer Applications from National Institute of Technology, Bhopal. 

She gives wings to her imagination through the words which she shares with the world through her blog “Expressions”.



Buy her book here - Homeshop18 (and don't forget to share your reviews)



Let us know more about her:



What were you like at school?

At School I was a shy little girl who used t o be lost in her own world, with a very few friends.

Were you good at English?

I was average at English, nothing exceptional.

What are your ambitions for your writing career?

I hope to take writing as a full-time career. To hold a name that everyone knows in the literary world is the ultimate dream.

Which writers inspire you?

There are many, but J.K. Rowling is on top of  the list.

What made you decide to sit down and actually start something?

It goes long back when I used to write diary and poems just let out my feelings. It was a Science Fiction competition in NISCAIRs Science Reporter which made me actually type out the world that had always existed in my head till then. I was 17 then. After that I wrote poems mainly and Fiction occasionally.

Do you write full-time or part-time?

For now, I write whenever Im free.

Do you have a special time to write or how is your day structured?

There is no specific time of the day when sit and write. I can be anywhere and it can be anytime of the day when the muse strikes and I pen down the ideas.

Do you write every day, 5 days a week or as and when?

Its not necessarily that I write everyday. Some days I might write twice and sometimes I dont pick up the pen for days in a row.

Do you aim for a set amount of words/pages per day?

No. I dont restrict myself.

What connects you with Crumpled Voices?

Its the first anthology that I am connected with and it feels special. What connects me to Crumpled Voices is that its different from the regular love stories. It will make the reader feel the pain the characters in the stories went through. It might help to bring about the awaited change.

Where do your ideas come from?

Thats a hard one! I never know where do they come from. Its just like they suddenly pop up in my head and Im like Yes, I should write that!

Do you work to an outline or plot or do you prefer just see where an idea takes you?

If an idea for the central plot of the story strikes me, I first create a faint outline as in how the story will proceed then while writing I do the detailing. Its like drawing something and then painting it with all the fine details.

How do you think youve evolved creatively?

I think yes, I have evolved a bit. I am more open to try new genre then I was before, but there still remains horizons that are still untouched.

Any advices for our readers?

There is so much going on around us, we just need to take a small step towards change and there are people waiting to follow. If you really want to make a difference, take that step now, because if we wont then who will?

THANKS NIBHA FOR SPARING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME. I WISH YOUR BOOK GOES TO THE “BEST SELLER” LIST SOON. :)


(This interview was taken by Anshuma Sharma under the internship program by Gargi Publishers)

6 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this interview - nice to get to know you a little better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely interview and truly inspirational! ♥

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful interview Nibha. Nice to know more about you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It was nice reading your interview! I enjoyed! Wish you all the very best for this book! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was one nice interview. Good to know you more.. :)

    ReplyDelete