Friday 19 February 2016

Interview with Akshata Paritekar- By Nainika Gautam

Akshata Paritekar, an avid reader is a student pursuing her degree in Food Technology and Management from Shivaji University Kolhapur. She hails from Kolhapur, known as Dakshin Kashi. She is an accomplished keyboard player and practices sugam sangeet. Her goal is to be a Nutritionist, serving the purpose of keeping the health of individuals at its best.

She can be contacted at:-



To read her story, “My Fair Lady” in Its all about dogs and bitches, order your copy today from here: Amazon

Here we get to know her more closely:

Nainika: Define “Akshata” in one word.

Akshata: I would say ‘Frank’


Nainika: Akshata you come from a field entirely different from writing, how do you manage between both.

Akshata: Actually, not much of my efforts are required to manage between writing & my present career. I don’t reserve special time for me to write. It just comes from within. So whenever I feel like, I pen down.


Nainika: We know your professional goals, what goals do you have as a writer?

Akshata: For me as a writer I always aim to keep my readers glued & to give them a diverse reading. As a reader, I myself wouldn’t like monotony. So, I’d like to be versatile.


Nainika: Kindly tell us something about your story, “My fair lady” in “It’s all about dogs and bitches”.

Akshata: ‘My Fair Lady’ revolves around a young girl who is in search for her soulmate & her stance when she finds that her so-called soulmate is a complete package of crap.


Nainika: Would you like to say something about the lead characters.

Akshata: The protagonist ‘Ankita’ is a girl who has never been in love despite being an extrovert & having so many handsome guys around. She is bold and straight-forward and doesn’t care what others would think about her. She carries herself with grace and poise.


Nainika: Which character of your story is your favorite?

Akshata: If I’m asked to name only one, it has to be Saket. I have picked this character from my real life. He’s my best friend and just like in the story he’s a support to me in real life as well.


Nainika: Which part of your story touched you closely?

Akshata: The part where ‘how my would-be wife should be’ is being described by the guy. Although we speak of progressive mindset, gender equality, rationalism and what not, when it comes to marriage I don’t know under which rock these thoughts go. I agree that people are changing and so is the thought process, but it still exists at some places.


Nainika: While there are so many anthologies coming up, what made you participate in “Its all about dogs and bitches”?

Akshata: Well, the title caught my eye. When I went through the guidelines, I had a story that would aptly fit into the criteria. So I thought why not give it a try? I was overjoyed to read my name in the selected author’s list because this is my first step into being published.


Nainika: Which lines of the story are your favorite?

Akshata: ‘What if a girl has a dusky complexion, an outstanding career and is ambitious and smart? Isn’t she good? To top it all he just said, a graduate would also do? Do? Do what?’ when you read the full context, it would get on a girl’s nerve because she picks up a course of her choice for herself & not because she would get a filthy rich husband. 


Nainika: Why should we, the readers, buy "It's all about dogs and bitches"?

Akshata: ‘It’s all about dogs and bitches’ is going to be a collection of some really heart-touching hate stories. It would be a caution about the possible threats that might be a step away for the ones in relationships & for the ones who want to be in a relationship. 


Nainika: What would be your message for readers?

Akshata: Being in love & being loved is one of the best feelings. But being hurt is also a part of life. It teaches you lot of things, so learn without losing hope that it is not the end. These stories would definitely give you the hope I’m sure of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment