Thursday 18 February 2016

Interview with Dr. Nayab Patel-By Nainika Gautam

Dr. Nayab Patel is a UK based author currently working as a Lecturer for Milton Keynes College. She has completed DTTLS from University of Warwick and her Ph. D from University of Mumbai. Nayab has held various posts during her career of 14 years including Sub-Editor, Curriculum Planner, Examiner/ moderator at the University of Mumbai and Lecturer at various colleges in Mumbai.

She has a published poem “LIFE” in “Cheers to Life”, three published short stories: “He sent me flowers ” in “Flash in the Pan”, “The best or worst years of my life” in “I an anthology”, “Unique” in “Minds @ Work 3” and forthcoming publications are “Connection” in “Girls Paradise”, “Fate” in “Was it Really Love?”, “Meet us, Know us and You will definitely love us” in “Musing of the Stars” and “Thorns” in “Love you Mother Nature”.

She can be reached at:-

Email - nayab5552010@hotmail.com


To read her story, “Betrayal” in Its all about dogs and bitches, order your copy today from Amazon

Nainika: Hi Nayab, first of all congratulations for another feather in your cap “It's all about dogs and bitches”. Coming to my first question:

Please tell us something more about yourself.

Nayab: I have lived in Mumbai all my life, I have been teaching for the past 14 years. I completed my Ph.D in English Literature from the University of Mumbai and worked as a Lecturer and Visiting Lecturer. I taught final year Journalism and Advertising students. In 2010 I relocated to the UK after marriage and since then I have continued my passion for teaching and learning. I have completed my DTLLS from the University of Warwick and am a lecturer at Milton Keynes College. Writing had always been my passion but I never thought of getting my stories published until my friend and husband motivated me to. I got my first publication here in the UK and after that have been part of many anthologies. I have a son and like spending time with him. 


Nainika: Having so much love for writing, which genre do you enjoy most while penning down?

Nayab: I enjoy writing tragedies. I just feel that it comes very naturally to me.


Nainika: Amongst all your works(previous and upcoming), which one is your favorite

Nayab: My forthcoming publication in Mother Nature "Thorns"


Nainika: What would you like to say about your story, “Betrayal” in “It’s all about dogs and bitches”?

Nayab: It is a story of one sided love and sacrifice. It revolves around the protagonist who gives in so much and gets nothing in return that she finally decides to call it quits!


Nainika: What is the most striking feature of your story?

Nayab: It is a true story and the readers will relate and connect to it immediately.


Nainika: Tell us something about the lead characters of your story.

Nayab: Bilal is an arrogant, over smart, rich and stupid boy, whereas Afsheen is sensible, down-to-earth and loving girl. They are both are opposite to each other and for once I have proved it that "Opposites only attract that’s it!"


Nainika: Considering your previous works, what extra does this story has to offer to readers?

Nayab: It is a unique story in itself and the readers will definitely enjoy reading it.


Nainika: Rate your story on the scale of 10.

Nayab: 8.5


Nainika: How closely are the characters of your story related to real life?

Nayab: The characters represent today's youth and very real when they converse with each other.


Nainika: Why should we, the readers, pick up "It's all about dogs and bitches"?

Nayab: It is a unique theme and title for a book.


Nainika: What would be your message for readers?

Nayab: Reading books relaxes your mind and you can go into a world of your own, continue reading and providing feedback and I will continue writing for you!!

No comments:

Post a Comment