Friday 28 August 2015

Interview with Brinda Tailor- By Nainika Gautam

Brinda Tailor is an 18-year-old student, born and brought up in Bharuch, Gujarat. She is currently in first year pursuing electronics & communication degree from DDIT. She started writing poems at the age of 15. After realizing her keen interest in writing, she started writing blog, poems, short stories and notes. “A night in paradise” marked her first attempt towards writing a fictional short story, In that sense, it is her literary debut. 

True to her name “Brinda” which means “Tulsi”, she is passionate to serve humanity. She is a very chirpy, lovable and caring person. She values her relations with friends and family above everything else. Besides writing, she is highly passionate about photography and handles the camera very well. Her love for sports turned her into a very good volleyball player. In her spare time, she loves listening to music as it also helps sharpen her creative ability. Her other anthologies as a contributing author are Life sundae, Goofy, and 31 sins. She is one of the compilers of the anthology Snowflakes of Love.

She can be contacted at:



To read her story, order your copy here: Flipkart/Amazon

Here we get to now her more closely:

Nainika: Hi Brinda, Please tell us something about you.

Brinda: Hello, I am Brinda Tailor from Bharuch, Gujarat. I am currently pursuing my B.Tech in Electronics and Communication from Dharamsinh Desai University, Nadiad. I am a crazy girl who can do anything for my loved ones. I am a hobbyist photographer and a writer by choice. I love getting clicked. I am the type of person who is shy at first and devil after I get comfortable with people. Driving in rain, listening to music, partying, eating, sleeping are few of the things I love. That’s how I would like to define myself.


Nainika: So, being into so many things, what would you choose if told to select one option?

Brinda: I wish that day would never come when I would have to choose only one option. But if given a choice, I would like to choose photography. Photography taught me how to look at the world with a different perspective. There’s always something unique about this world, it just takes the right way to see everything.


Nainika: How do you feel being author at this young age?

Brinda: I feel really good being an author at this young age. I am happy that I can spread my thoughts by writing. Every person has a different story to tell and I love listening to them and write about how they feel in my words. I am glad that I can weave a story with my words. 


Nainika: Since you want to serve humanity, how do you think can your write-ups help you for this?

Brinda: I want to be the change, I feel that writing and thoughts can make a change in one’s mindset and thus result into actions. I write what I feel and imagine and what I learn from life and thus face the reality and help people to do so. I think if people can wish for a change, they can move towards the real change. Humanity can be served just by a single change in the mindset.


Nainika: Which genre do you feel most comfortable to write?

Brinda: I feel the most comfortable with romance fiction and most of my short stories are based on that genre but I am trying to get out of my comfort zone and so my last two short stories were much different from being Romantic.


Nainika: What do you think makes a good story?

Brinda: I think what makes a good story is a good plot, emotions that can be felt while reading the story and the way the lead characters are being portrayed.

From good plot, emotions and portrayal of leads, I mean contextual relevance, to life of reader, makes it a good plot in readers’ perspective.


Nainika: Please throw some light on your story “The Unheard Cry” in Crumpled Voices-2

Brinda: “The unheard cry” speaks about peer pressure. It is about how Indian parents want their children to become engineers and doctors. This story revolves around the suffering, the lead faces though she is unable to do anything against her parents. It is about how the lead thinks about committing suicide was the last option left with her. The story gives an idea about how the suicidal feelings haunt the students, how painful it is to be under pressure.


Nainika: How do you think your story can inspire society?

Brinda: I wish someday, the society would understand how pressurized a child feels when their parents and relatives want the student to become someone they wished to be. The idea of writing this story is to let everyone know how horrible one feels to do what others want, going against their own will. Not everyone raises their voice against this because they are afraid of the society and they think this is a small issue, but it isn’t small. I wish my story would inspire all those souls that are afraid of doing what they actually wish to do in life. I hope my story would let all the parents think they should re-think before forcing their children to do Engineering or being a doctor and let them be what THEY WISH TO BE.


Nainika: Please tell us something about the lead characters of your story.

Brinda: The lead character of the story is “Ananya” who is forced to do engineering and is left with no other option. She is interested in choosing a different career and she’s hardly interested in doing engineering but as 80% Indian kids are doing, she also started her engineering degree because her parents told her to do so. She is so much frustrated with her life that at one point she thinks on quitting. Kabir is her best friend and he is the only one who supports her in everything she does.


Nainika: Would you like to give any message to our readers?

Brinda: I would like to say that everyone deserves to choose their own career and be someone what they wish to be. Respect all the careers as everything is equally important in this world. I wish you would not treat your child like a puppet and give them their freedom to choose their career. It’s about their happiness and not your pride.
(This interview was taken by Nainika Gautam under the internship program by Gargi Publishers.)

No comments:

Post a Comment