Wednesday 30 March 2016

Interview with Prapti Vaidya- by Nainika Gautam

She is a student at Bhartiya Vidya Bhavan. She is a very passionate, strong, jubilant, and an ardent poet. She also loves sketching and creating the best of anything. 

She can be contacted at: 


To read her poems in “Skipped Heartbeats”, order your copies today here

Here we get to know her more closely:

Nainika: Hi Prapti, first of all congratulations for Skipped heartbeats.

First of all we would like to know something more about you.

Prapti: I m Prapti Vaidya- known to be princess in my family and friends. A firm teenager of class 12th,studying at Bharatiya Vidya Bhavans, Nadiad. I am a girl with a carefree attitude who hates rules and believes in taking risk because the biggest risk is in riskless living. Books are my life and I m really greedy for reading books of all tastes. Writing gives me life when I am in despair. words rule my life and I rule with my words. To play with words and inking the pages with emotions gives me much needed contentment. I aspire to become a poetess by touching hearts. Like no other, I love daydreaming and I believe in living my dreams. Reserved in nature and believes in the words that are unspoken coz some things can only be expressed and some only painted. Love to take up challenges and is the girl with no limits of craziness. I express myself through poems and sketches. Life is only once you live and so working to make it the best.


Nainika: Prapti, you love creating best of anything, what all does this anything include and how do you pursue that?

Prapti: Yes, I love to create best of anything ,no matter what it is. I believe that to make this world a better place, one can actually make difference and to make this difference ,I have set my mind to create only best. I never bother to carry things with me when I m out except for a mind and a speaking heart. I believe that all the things are already best created, only the way at looking it varies.


Nainika: What flavor does your poem add to the book?

Prapti: Well, this is tough. I try adding all the flavors in one. But I love the mixture of sweetness with a little bitterness. I try capturing the hearts with the wonders tricking love story that is a real fantasy. I like stories with sour secrets, pretty promises ,healed hearts and souls that somehow survive.


Nainika: Throw some light on your poems (Skipped Heartbeats) in skipped heartbeats.

Prapti: My poem is an amazing love story of a girl and a boy in love. A girl who was dedicated to her love unaware of the fact that he tricked her. The broken heart then meets a other guy. Their friendship grows with time. Trying to cope up her love, she trusted in friendship unknown that the relation may turn frenzy. Again broken, this time it was hard for her to move on. Only when she happily moves on, the old love returns to her with regret. Strong to deny ,she was firm to make no relations. He rue his deeds when he actually understands the real meaning of love. Unable to accept the denial, he quits his life. She decides to accompany him as they had promise to be together till the end and she leaves with a skipping heart beat.


Nainika: What is the most striking feature of your poems?

Prapti: It is that, my poems are not actually the ‘poems’ but the words of my heart-the heart which always wanted to speak. My poems are a bundle of rhymes which I think is the most loved part. I rhyme my heart and mind to give it a perfect start. I play with words and win with poems.


Nainika: Was there any specific reason behind writing this?

Prapti: Actually there wasn’t any specific reason writing this. Its just that when I feel low or in distress, I pen things down and I never knew when this turned out to be such an amazing poem. I just wanted a little motivation and a good start which is why I got my work published.


Nainika: If you had to rename this book on basis of your poems, what name would you have given?

Prapti: I would have named it “A LOVE TO BE PROMISED”


Nainika: What are your expectations with Skipped Heartbeats?

Prapti: Well, it is my first anthology I have worked for. I never thought of getting a chance to work with such an amazing team. This book is really special to me and I think “skipped heartbeats” shall leave the people’s heart skip a beat when the words touches them.


Nainika: Prapti, my last question would be a task actually, I’m giving you five words, you have to give a message in form of poetry to our readers using those words, so your five words are,

Prapti:
“Effect, Creation, Beautify, Amazing, Gracious”

“My poems are the creation of my heart

With your gracious support, I can beautify this art.

We are just writers

But you readers are the real riders

Of amazing words we write

Your motivation can set us right

This effect of rhyme

Shall be the hearts fall in love, considering it no crime.”

No comments:

Post a Comment