Thursday 24 March 2016

Interview with Amulya Shastry- By Nainika Gautam

It was those lines 

“And every fair from fair sometime declines, 

By chance, or nature’s changing course untrimmed: 

But thy eternal summer shall not fade” 

which stirred her 16 year old heart which was always reading the novels turn into a writer and since then she never looked back. Gale of love was her first poem and thus here she is a 22 year old engineering graduate submitting the poems she has written. Currently Amulya is in Bangalore and her father is a professor in Shimoga and her mother is a lawyer. Since childhood she had the habit of reading she would rather say consuming literature..! The love for art and literature has turned her into a writer who is confident that through the art of writing one can change the world into a better place .Apart from being an engineer she is a classical dancer and she thoroughly enjoy it. She hopes to keep writing and sow the passion of reading in the hearts of young generation which is losing the beauty and art of Pursuing the novels and literature. Again she hopes to fill the young hearts with admiration about the literature. 

To read her poems in Skipped Heartbeats, order your copy from here: Amazon

She can be contacted at: 

Email: amulyashastry@gmail.com 


Here we get to know her closely:

Nainika: Hi Amulya, Congratulations for Skipped Heartbeats:

Amulya, what do you enjoy most, as a reader and writer, poetry or prose?

Amulya: As a reader I definitely enjoy the prose. Stories have their own way of telling you things! But as a poet, writing poems is what fuels me. I believe that the true meaning of the poem lies in the mind of a reader. Poems can always be narrated in different perspective by the person reading it. And that’s what excites me the most. 

Nainika: How do you feel can your poems transform world into a better place.

Amulya: I always truly believed that inspiring others will definitely inspire you. My poems are the windows to the world through which I aspire to pour my stories that somewhere touches people’s life. 
My poem is my art and there is no stronger medium than a piece of art which abuts your soul, speaks all your fears and convinces you that it’s okay to feel that way.

Nainika: Coming from engineering background, do you face any issues in pursuing your hobby of writing?

Amulya: Being the part of a family where your day stars with reading and ends with analysing it, I have never faced these issues. I really thank my family for being my backbone and let me pursue my dreams. But, I was always afraid that I can never reach to their standards. Hope I am on my way!

Nainika: What does literature mean to you?

Amulya: As I said earlier, things I write are just not poems or stories to me rather they are my art. I pour my emotions to colour my poems and my expressions to decorate them. Whenever I complete writing something I feel like I have evolved into a mature person. I want the others to find answers to their questions in my writings. Words have the power to change one’s life and I will feel that I have attained my salvation when I am able to inspire others and regenerate the lost love for books in young minds.

Nainika: Throw some light on your poems, “Gale of Love”, “Beloved Stranger” and, “Dreamy Passerby” in Skipped Heartbeats.

Amulya: 
Gale of love

This was my first poem which I wrote when I was very young. When a person falls in love, how one feels, your soul will yearn to be with them. You will remember every detail of their personality and finally the pain of the first heartbreak .It is like you are lost in a bottom less sea and you are catching your breath to survive it. The pain is terrible and you never want to remember anything about them!

Beloved stranger

People usually believe that they know someone well because they have spent ample amount of time together. But once the reality hits them, they cannot take it. The girl in this poem, falls in love with someone and it is all dreamy until she gets to know she is being cheated. When she realises it, it is too late. Then it hits her that you can only see what the other person will let you see and there is always a different story to it. When you are truly lost in someone it is really hard to believe that the person is capable of cheating you. You are left with questions to which deep down you know the answers but you are afraid to accept it.

Dreamy passerby

Love happens at the most unexpected times in the ways you have no clue about. Some believe that you can never fall in love with just the appearance and you need to know that person. But as they say, beauty lies in the eye of the beholder, your scars can be the most attractive things to the person who is meant for you. And so can they fall in love with you the moment they see you. Woman in this poem has no clue which is going to happen. She is just sitting and relaxing until she sees him, falls in love with his perfection, yes it’s her version of perfection and her heart tells her that he is the one! 

Nainika: Which among the three is your favourite?

Amulya: Beloved stranger is my favourite because it came out exactly the way I felt. Every word holds so much emotion that whenever I read I can imagine myself in that situation and feel the pain. 

Nainika: Which among the three took most efforts to pen down?

Amulya: I would say the Gale of love took the most of efforts as it was the first time. I had tried to write down short poems but Gale of love really elated my passion and it was the first time I realised the joy in writing J

Nainika: Had you got a chance to improve one thing about any of these, what it would be?

Amulya: I would not change anything about them because these poems express the raw emotions and if I modify it now I might do injustice to those emotions.

Nainika: If I tell you to rename the book on basis of your poems, what name would you give?

Amulya: To be honest I loved the title and if I had been asked to name it, I would have suggested these.

Fervour romance of an amateur heart

Nainika: Amulya, my last question would be a task actually, I’m giving you five words, you have to give a message in form of poetry to our readers using those words, so your five words are, “Brave, Venture, Creation, Dreams, Adore”

Amulya: 
Be brave my child, he said to her!

Her guide her master and Savior

She recalled what he used to say as memories rushed in a blur!

Always when she began her venture 



It was his last words but still they were so strong

It always made her Resolute and fierce all along

She followed her dream Battling all the right and wrong

Vengeance was her story and courage was her song



You are god’s creation they said!

We have always adored you they said!

Loud and hard they claimed her bread

Little did they know how she smiled inside!



No it wasn’t a happy smile

It was wicked and villainous

She did everything they thought she can’t!

And had overcome insolence



Standing where she was, again she remembered,

Thinking she has come very far,

I have become brave daddy! Can you hear me now? she screamed

Tears rolled down and fuelled her scar



They will turn you down

Until you show them what you are made of!

Keep trying and never should you stop!

Stay strong because you know what you are worthy of! 

Amulya

No comments:

Post a Comment