Thursday 31 March 2016

Interview with Jaydeep Surendra Khot- by Nainika Gautam

Jaydeep Surendra Khot is 21 years old and is an alumnus of Narsee Monjee College of commerce and Economics. He is also a final year student of chartered accountancy course. He is a marathon runner. His favourite subjects are history, economics and psychology. 

Writing is his passion. 

He can be contacted at: 

Email: jd_khot@yahoo.in 

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com

To read his poems in “Skipped Heartbeats”, order your copies today here

Here we get to know him more closely:

Nainika: Hi Jaydeep, Congratulations for Skipped Heartbeats

Jaydeep first of all I would like to know how a charted accountant manages with his hobby of writing?

Jaydeep: I am chartered accountancy student. Well, I manage studies. I write in my spare time.

Finding out spare time is a tough task but a compulsion, as writing is my passion.


Nainika: What all do you like to pen down?

Jaydeep: I like to pen down stories. Then they take their own form which are poems, short stories and novels.


Nainika: What would you call your favorite genre?

Jaydeep: Suspense Thriller.


Nainika: Poem or Stories, what do you love more?

Jaydeep: Poem!


Nainika: And which among both reaches close to readers’ heart more?

Jaydeep: Poem does, any day! They are beautiful words written a form which makes way to your heart and remain their with you eternity.


Nainika: Throw some light on your poems, “The Lonely Girl”, “Breaking the Ice”, “Love Not Find” and, “Gone, Too Soon” in Skipped Heartbeats.

Jaydeep: That is for the reader to interpret.

But what I say is that I wrote them and I was very nervous.

This is my first poetry that got published.


Nainika: Which among the four is closest to your heart or you feel closer to your life?

Jaydeep: They are all close to my heart. I have written them on the situations which everybody faces at some point of their life. So almost all can relate to them.


Nainika: What according to you should be in a poem that makes it the best one?

Jaydeep: Feelings. You should pour them out and the poem is the best thing that has ever happened to you.


Nainika: How is this anthology different one from the pool of anthologies in market?

Jaydeep: The poets are all unique and that’s what makes this anthology extraordinary.


Nainika: If you had to give one title to this based on your poems, other than Skipped Heartbeats, what it would be?

Jaydeep: No, I won’t. The reason being I wrote these poems specifically for skipped hearts beat.

So that is an irreplaceable name. I absolutely love it.


Nainika: Jaydeep, my last question would be a task actually, I’m giving you five words, you have to give a message in form of poetry to our readers using those words, so your five words are,

“Cadence, years, perpetuity, downhearted , stunning ”

Jaydeep:

The cadence of years have passed,

Almighty perpetual time hasn’t downhearted me,

I am still stunned with your love.

No comments:

Post a Comment