Wednesday 2 July 2014

I saw a girl dancing in the rain

A post by Nazar Mubeen

It was a rainy day when I first saw her. I was standing at a bus stop to save myself from getting drenched. There was a lot of mud on the roads, people were running here and there, seeking sheds to escape from the rain, children were enjoying in that rain, making paper boats, some shopkeepers on footpath were trying to save their items from getting ruined in the rain.

Suddenly, my eyes fell upon a pretty girl but I was unaware of her name, status, and even age. She was sitting in a car with some other guy and wanted to come outside to feel the rain but the man with her was instructing her not to do it and sit calmly. Was he trying to engulf the freedom of that girl or really cared about her? I don’t know.

She was staring at the other people on the road and I guess she was feeling jealous of them. She didn't listen to the shouts of the man and came out of the car at last.

I was standing there looking for her reactions when suddenly a bus came. People started pushing each other to get inside, I didn’t move neither wanted to go, I don’t know why but I only wished to see the girl. The girl jumped like she was a free bird, she was feeling the rain with open hands like she wants to get lost in it. She was lost in her dreamy world.

The rain started slowing down gradually. The man inside was watching helplessly for a long time now and finally he came out. In that moment, I realized that the two personalities living together had a totally different vision about life; one wanted to just stare from outside and other wanted to take it inside her and feel the joy.

Man – What do you think you were doing?
Girl – I was just trying to feel the rain.
Man – Is this the way to feel the rain?
Girl – Not actually but I didn’t want to miss this rain.
Man – For this stupid rain, you are spoiling my status and my expectations from you. Moreover, you disobeyed me.
Girl – Is my freedom and desire less important than your terms?
Man- Come and sit inside. We have to go now.
Girl- No, tell me first. Give me the answer.
Man – I don’t want to talk on this.
Man took her with him inside the car forcefully without giving her answer. She was sobbing and feeling bad.

Who is right or wrong I can’t say, but for a girl freedom, desire, happiness is as important as anything else and for a man, pride and status seems more important than anything else. Women wants to see love, care, pride, affection, dreams in her life, wants to feel like a free bird, wants to see the respect from others but does men really treat them like it? I was lost in the thoughts and then rain stopped and I went for my work taking many questions in mind and still searching for their answers.

You can read the story of one such girl in the novel titled, Cheer Up – The Worst is yet to come.

Order online and get whooping discount of 40%. Limited Time Offer, Hurry Up readers!
http://bit.ly/1hIjjmK

No comments:

Post a Comment