Wednesday 9 July 2014

Interview with Priyanka Bansal - By Akash Khonde




Priyanka Bansal is an internationally published poetess. She loves reading and writing and many of her writings have been published in the news papers. 

She has been writing poetry, articles and short stories since the age of 16. 

With Crumpled Voices she brings fore her first short story titled, "Together We Can Make a Difference". 

Buy her book here - Homeshop18 (and don't forget to share your reviews)


Let us know more about her:



1] An unforgettable compliment or critic you received till date?

Compliment for sure (Ha Ha). On a serious note, one of my readers compared me to Chetan Bhagat. I was on cloud 9.

2] How well the books can influence one’s persuasion of things? In which way do you think you have directed them?

What happens, we all keep thinking about various issues, but hardly take any step. When books are read, some kind of blockage is drained out from the minds and people start acting towards issues.

I always take the most challenging topics to write on. Recently, I wrote an article ‘WE’, on Hindu and Muslim Community and the differences that are cropping up in hearts. And to my surprise, it was appreciated to a great extent. That day I realized, everyone thinks the same but only few come up with an idea of writing it down and wait for a change.

It’s on my blog ‘Read Through My Eyes’. 

3] Would you like to give any advice for upcoming writers/authors and our readers, in choosing their publishers and preparing their manuscripts?

As a writer, one should always try to connect with the readers. And as far as the publisher is concerned, he or she should have the knowledge of the target readers. Every reader and writer has a different point of view and perception. To be more precise, a college student would prefer to read love stories instead of a book on women and their issues. A book on love stories cannot be marketed and distributed in old age homes.

4] Are you a voracious reader? What kind of books do you like to read? Any particular writers who inspired your writing?

No. Not at all. I am not a book worm.I read only that has the ability to touch my heart and I can connect with it.On my list, I have Kiran Bedi, Chetan Bhagat, Rhonda Byrne, Paulo Coelho, Salman Rushdie, etc.

I love to read all of them but as far as getting inspired from anyone, I am my own inspiration.

5] You love writing poems, right? Any specific reason for that?

A good poem is a short story in itself. It’s always simple to write a poem of 10-15 lines instead of writing a story of 5k-6k (Ha Ha).

On a serious note, each and every word of a poem is related to the topic. Poems are more composed than stories.

6] How was your experience writing a story on social issue for  CRUMPLED VOICES ?

I was extremely happy when I was selected for Crumpled Voices. I feel deeply connected to the theme. Actually I have a lot of grudges against our society. I always wish  I could do something about it. When Crumpled Voices was announced, I thought this is the best way to pour out all my anger and together with it, I can also help in bringing some change and be a part of a progressing society.

7] What can the fans of Priyanka expect from you in the future?

Do I have fans? Really? I am touched. I love to write on social issues and women. Most of my poetry, articles, short stories are based on these two themes. I always try to portray the lives and suffering of Indian Women.

8] Tell us something about your story in crumpled voices ?

My story is on a deadly disease, AIDS. I chose to write on this, as I felt this is the most avoided topic and our society hushes us whenever we want to discuss about it. People suffering from this disease are treated very badly and are considered untouchables. I wanted to bring a true picture in front of one’s eye so that the perspectives change.

9] What else you love to do apart from writing & reading ?

I love dancing. I am a trained Kathak Dancer and love to dance to the beats of western music as well.

10] What do you think about the present scenario of publishing industry? What was your experience with your publishers?

I think the publishers today are themselves confused about how to handle their work and target the appropriate readers.

Gargi Publishers is one of the best I have worked so far. It is much focussed.

11] Would you like to give any message to your readers?

See, I am not any renowned personality or a celebrity to guide anybody. In very simple terms, always try to connect yourself with whatever you are reading. Then only the purpose of writing will be solved.

THANKS PRIYANKA FOR SPARING YOUR PRECIOUS TIME. I WISH YOUR BOOK GOES TO THE “BEST SELLER” LIST SOON. :)


(This interview was taken by Akash Khonde under the internship program by Gargi Publishers)


3 comments:

  1. go Priyanka Ma'm & reach heights :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing priyanka..wish u all the best.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep it up PB. We all are proud of you.

    ReplyDelete