Monday 28 March 2016

Interview with Dr. Rohit Shetty- by Nainika Gautam

Born and brought up in Mumbai, Rohit Shetty is academically a Chemical Engineer (Dip. + B-Tech) post which he has been trained and certified in various Computer Courses including Java, Oracle, and Cisco’s Network Security.

Rohit Shetty had a profound art in writing from an early age. Being an introvert person he always used to pen his emotions which turned to poetry thus started his journey in the literary field. Having penned 9 books, Rohit writes as a hobby and is currently into his family business and also heads First Step Publishing in an attempt to take his hobby to a next level. With over 80 writers from 5 countries associated with him, Rohit has taken publishing distribution to a different level by distributing his titles in 19 countries in paperback format. 

His published titles include: 

Breaking Silence (Poetry) 

Breaking Silence 2 (Poetry) 

Breaking Silence 3 (Poetry) 

Breaking Silence 4 (Poetry) 

Silent Voices (Poetry) 

Colours (Poetry) 

Murdered To Moksha (Fiction ) 

Minds Games (Non Fiction) 

Score More (Self Help)


To read his poem in “Skipped Heartbeats”, order your copies today here


Here we get to know him more closely:


Nainika: Hi Rohit, many congratulations for Skipped heartbeats.

Firstly tell me Rohit, having your own publishing venture, how do you fell to get associated with Gargi Publishers?

Rohit: Getting associated with Gargi Publishers adds one more feather to my cap. Apart from my own venture i.e., First Step Publishing, Gargi Publishing is the second Publishing firm that I am associated with. 


Nainika: Being a chemical engineer, how did your interest towards literature developed?

Rohit: Being an introvert person since childhood, I found it difficult to express my feeling s and share my emotions. So I started to pen them down and over years this habit developed a keen interest in literature. 


Nainika: Having so many writers associated with you, which is the one whom you remember most and whose writing has touched you the most?

Rohit: Well, with First Step Publishing I am associated with over 100 writers from 7 countries; and to pick one will be not right. I may sound diplomatic here but all the writers have touched my heart in their own specific right. 


Nainika: How do you manage between family business and your hobby so well?

Rohit: I follow a very strict schedule. At times it seems as an orchestrated confusion; a ballet dance on a sword. But yes I have dedicated time towards my family business and my hobby. Moreover I have my family’s support as well which makes the difference.


Nainika: Would you like to share any experience of yours that teaches your writers like us some lesson?

Rohit: Be Patient. Don’t rush while writing; Take your own time. I have heard from many writers that they write a specific set of words daily. But don’t do that; instead read; Keep a target in reading than writing words. 


Nainika: Out of so many titles published under your name, which one is your favorite and is there any specific reason for the same?

Rohit: Well, being published with 3 publishing houses including mine ;), and with 5 poetry titles, 2 fiction, and one self help. The book which is my favorite is Murdered To Moksha, It has its own set of reasons. But mainly because its finalized by a Bollywood Director to make a movie out of its adaptation. Also a short movie has been made keeping the story line in mind and it has bagged a nomination in Miami’s International Film for the Best Story in International Category as well as for Debut Writer in International Category. 


Nainika: According to you, what is that special part of poetry that is usually missing in literature segments other than poetry?

Rohit: Poetry is more say in less words. Its this very essence I look out when I read and write poems as well. Other than poetry; A Rhythmic flow which soothes one. There can be jumps and clicks in a fictional manuscript; but at the end it should all fall in its place. 


Nainika: Please tell us something about “Of your soul I am Part”, which is part of skipped heartbeats

Rohit: This poem has been written from my lovers perspective. Love brews between the two and both of them know about it. They have confessed about their love to each other. But due to some circumstances they can’t be one. But happy knowing the fact that love still exists and its with souls they are connected. 


Nainika: Please tell us something about “The essence of her presence”, which is part of skipped heartbeats?

Rohit: The essence of her presence is a poem about the wimp of a lonely lover who is saved by ‘Her’ a mysterious female who gives him a ray of light to live. Its mainly a comparison of before and after he meets this mysterious life saver. 


Nainika: Please tell us something about “I’D have to be a thief”, which is part of skipped heartbeats?

Rohit: I’d Have to be a Thief is one of the poems closest to my heart. I have tried to portray a painter who is trying to paint a portrait his muse, a sculpturalist who is trying to model out his muse in clay, a musician who has written a euphony that no choir can sing. In short all forms of artisans gathering inspiration from their muse and trying to portray them in their specific skill sets. 


Nainika: Which among the three is closest to your life?

Rohit: Among the three, “I’d have to be a thief” is closest to my heart and “Essence of her Presence” is closest to my life.


Nainika: Rohit, my last question would be a task actually, I’m giving you five words, you have to give a message in form of poetry to our readers using those words, so your five words are,

“Exactly, eventually, ecstasy, determined and Reality”

Rohit: I have written a small verse using these five words and would like the readers to decipher the meaning and get back to me on rohit@firststepcorp.com

I want to be like you exactly

And as soon as I get over this.

So Eventually

It's no more or less our fault

Than it is our destiny

How could it be that I'm in ecstasy?

These eyes of mine at once determined

Uncompromising rude reality

No comments:

Post a Comment